So, I saw this idea on Pinterest and totally wanted to make one! It was such an incredibly easy project and only took about 10 minutes (not including staining the wood)! The great thing about this project is you could make it as narrow or wide as you want, with as many rungs as you need! I made mine shorter but wide enough to really display the blankets. I used this stain by Rustoleum in the Kona color. It turned out so pretty and only needed one coat.
What you’ll need:
1 – 1 x 4 x 10 piece of wood
1 quart of wood stain
Long nails and drill
First: I had handsome cut the wood to the measurements I needed
Second: I stained the wood (this is for more than one project).
Third: I measured out where I wanted the rungs to go and made marks with a sharpie.
I wanted the rungs to be at an angle so it was a little harder to hold everything while drilling.
I did put 2 nails on each side of the rungs to keep them from rotating.
Final: Put your favorite blankets on display! I just love how this turned out. Ours is a little shorter and wider than the one pictured but I like it that way!
Happy Friday everyone!!! Hope you enjoy this Fabulous Four post!
1. I am making this recipe for Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato Skins tonight! Can’t wait to see how they turn out to possibly add to my clean eating recipe stash!
2. This poppy and cream ensemble for the bedroom is just beautiful!
3. Struggle to think of gifts for the man in your life? Why not make him some awesome beer coasters for his man cave?
4. This slip with added lace on the bottom is a genius idea for under skirts and dresses that may be a little too short! Love!
As we get closer to the wedding (5 months! EEK!), I find myself getting more and more emotional, in a happy way. We aren’t necessarily stressed about the wedding as we have so much done already. I just find myself tearing up when watching sappy moments more than usual or getting really emotional when people ask what my marriage wish is (I flat out started bawling the other day when someone asked me this). This time for handsome and I has just been such an emotional roller-coaster for many different reasons and I think we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Have any of you experienced this? Since we have been engaged for over a year now, the anticipation is just getting higher and higher. I think I may actually burst on the wedding day of just pure joy that all of the planning and executing finally reaped it’s rewards! I just can’t wait for the day to be here when I finally can look in his eyes and say “I do!” and wake up the next morning as his wife. So, October 12 if you are listening….HURRY! We simply cannot wait any longer for you to get here.
I decided to try a Top 5 list every week of things that I find on Pinterest. I always pin so many things on there that never get looked at again and I figured this may be a good way to remind myself why I pinned them in the first place! Let me know what you think!
1. This yellow sundress makes me crave spring/summer. Can’t wait for the days when the Texas heat is so brutal that it only makes sense to wear a flowy sundress and some wedges.
2. What girl doesn’t dream of running around in tutus again and not having a care in the world? This picture is a great reminder to “feel like a kid again”!
4. This DIY Tablet Holder project is too cute. So handy for having in the kitchen to read recipes off of and less than $2! Can’t wait to try it!
5. The gorgeous blue waters of Barbados are calling our names! So excited for this exotic honeymoon location. Hurry up, October!