I don’t know about you but my friends are beginning to have babies. Aren’t we too young for this? I swear every time one of them tells me she is preggo, I have a moment of panic and an “OMG! What are you going to do!?” moment, closely followed by a light bulb moment – “OH YEAH! This is okay. We are adults now.” Yes, we are becoming PARENTS now. I can’t take this. Slow down time, please?
Anyways, over the last few years I have started attending my fair share of baby showers. At first, I was all cute, non-practical gifts. Doesn’t every baby girl need an adorable tutu?! Then I started to learn…new moms need practical gifts. They need things they will use and know they have in their hazy, zero sleep state-of-mind. Therefore, I have completely re-figured my usual baby shower gift to include items that are needed. Below are some awesome ideas for your next baby shower gift. I have also included some homemade gifts which I think adds a nice touch to ANY gift! And go ahead.. get that adorable tutu if you want, just make sure to include something she will actually use too 🙂
First, I want to showcase a dear friend of mine and her ADORABLE baby toys that she makes! Jamie is the founder of Harper & Hazel and creates wonderful products that moms everywhere can feel safe about giving to their babies! Harper & Hazel toys are made with all GOTS certified organic cotton, organic thread, hand-dyed organic ribbon and stuffed with a natural corn stuffing. The plastic toy insert is toy grade as well! She has her products in stores in North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida but you can also order them from her online site: Harper & Hazel. Check out how cute these things are?!
Now for the other cute baby things..
1. This adorable bouncer will keep baby occupied just long enough for mom to get a few sentences into her book 🙂 Wishful thinking, right?
2. A Boppy is never a bad idea for a gift to help mom out!
3. This adorable Studio Diaper Bag is fashionable enough to make you forget it’s a diaper bag for a minute!
4. I have had a few friends love this Sophie giraffe to help during teething!
5. I love a homemade diaper cake to give at a shower! It can be a cute decoration at the shower and for the nursery…well, until they actually need to use the diapers 🙂 Tutorial here.
6. This idea of taking a picture every month until they reach one is such an adorable idea. These handmade onesies are pretty easy too! Just get the iron ons here and some plain white onesies from Target!