I always like to get my Mom something a little different for Mother’s Day. Searching for a truly unique gift idea is always exciting and shows you really put some effort into it! I have found some really cool ideas this year and wanted to share a few of them with you!
What are you going to get your Mom this Mother’s Day??
1. This book is full of 40 cards that are meant to be sent between Mother and Daughter. Such a neat idea to preserve special cards and sentiments that are shared. Also, it can be passed on between generations as a way to keep the tradition going!
2. This Trinity Cuff is such a neat and different piece of jewelry. Perfect for the woman who has everything!
3. A message pillow is such a cool way to add a little sassy-ness to your room! I LOVE this one which is a little sweeter. However, Be Nice or Leave brings back memories of my mom saying that to my brother and I when we were younger!
4. I told you I was obsessed with succulents. This indoor planter box is just so neat and could be grown anywhere!
5. My Mom loves good tequila. These shot glasses are made from Himalayan Salt. No more licking it off your hand anymore!
6. What Mom doesn’t love a beautiful bottle of perfume? I love how delicate and beautiful this bottle is of Annick Goutal ‘Un Matin d’Orage’ Eau de Toilette.
A couple weeks ago we had a HUGE event here for Breckenridge Village here in Tyler. This is the only picture I could get of my outfit which I adored. Don’t you love those mornings when you get ready and put on an outfit that you’ve pictured in your mind and it actually works! You look in the mirror and yell “nailed it!” It’s a wonderful feeling. I just loved this outfit. It was so spring-ish and girly that it made my whole mood bright for the day. Plus, it fit with the theme of the event in being very girly and bright.
The event had about 48 tables that were all decorated differently. Ladies that hosted the tables would decorate them as they saw fit and they were just gorgeous! Close to 500 ladies showed up to support this great place and it was just a sight to see! I took a picture of each table but that is wayyyy too many. So here are some of my favorites!
Dress: Gap Outlet
Blazer: Banana Republic (old)
Shoes: Nine West (old, similar here)
Happy Friday everyone! Isn’t it funny how we get to Friday and our moods lift, we have more pep in our step and life looks quite rosy (sans the glasses)? Then in the blink of an eye it is Sunday night and you are sitting there dazed and confused as to what happened to that pep in your step and the rosy hue you cast on life. Ahhh weekends, how you toy with our emotional well-being.
On another note, here are my Fabulous 4 for the week found on Pinterest!
1. I just adore J.K. Rowling and this quote made me love her even more! It is shocking the importance we place on external looks vs. internal values!
2. This summer outfit is so adorable. Carefree but put together. I love the hint of a peek-a-boo shirt but not completely see through!
3. This bread recipe sounds and looks so easy! And you don’t even need a bread maker! Sound perfect to me!
4. This dog-loving idea is perfect in the hot summer for our pooches! I am going to give it a try while the temperatures are still mild. Just freeze water and chicken broth with a variety of treats (think beggin strips and not biscuits here), toys and other surprises for them to lick away at! Will keep them entertained on a hot day!
Do you ever just have those weeks where you just can’t believe so much crap has happened and it’s only Tuesday? Or that something breaks as soon as you touch it and then that causes something else to fail? Yeah, this week has been just that. One of those weeks where you just have to shrug your shoulders, take a deep breath and keep on steppin’. The other night, while watching handsome and Aero play around in the yard (it’s so fun to watch because Aero is starting to catch up to Handsome speed wise so now he legitimately gets scared of Aero catching him) there was a storm rolling in and it just got so windy and the sky was so cool looking that I had to stop for a minute and just look up and let the wind blow my hair around. Just relinquish control and say “Okay! you are teaching me a lesson in patience here! I get it!” Also, it just felt so good to just be for a minute. Not worrying about wedding stuff, how dirty the house was, or making sure this event was ready to go for Friday. Just be in the moment. I don’t do that enough.
Happy Friday. Xo
So, I changed my mind on the Top 5 and instead went with 4 so that it was easier to make a collage but also because I can call it the Fabulous 4! 🙂
1. Everyone and everything is so technology based today that I love the idea of having our guests Instagram any photos they might take at our wedding. Then we can share in them all as well!
2. I adore an outfit of all neutrals. Now to find an adorable pleated khaki skirt!
3. Homemade ketchup eliminates all of the sodium and sugar in the store bought stuff. I need to try this during the summer when tomatoes are ripe!
4. I am obsessed with succulents. Plus, they seem to be the only plant that I can grow and maintain successfully. This picture inspires me to make an indoor terrarium this summer!
This past weekend, My mom and I went to Nashville to do some wedding planning. Because I am currently in Texas and she is in North Carolina, this will probably be the only weekend we have before the wedding to actually plan stuff! It was a packed weekend full of laughs, tears, joy and lots of food!!! I just love Nashville, it’s such a wonderful city with all kinds of things to do and explore. We stayed away from music row this trip as we wanted more quiet and time to really think out and plan stuff for the wedding. Thursday night we went to Whiskey Kitchen for dinner. What an awesome place! We sat at the bar and ordered a bunch of appetizers to share since neither of us were really hungry. Aptly named, they have a lot of great whiskey drinks so we sampled some! At handsome and I’s wedding we are having a signature cocktail and have been debating for awhile about what to make for it. We asked the bartender what a great but simple whiskey drink would be and he whipped up a couple for us to try! My favorite (and hopefully our signature drink) is Jack Daniels (for Tennessee, of course), a splash of homemade ginger simple syrup and a squeeze of lemon. I thought it would be way too strong but I LOVED it. It was the perfect balance and I think a great option for our wedding. By the way, if you ever find yourself in Nashville and want to try Whiskey Kitchen, their Sweet Potato Fries and The Aristocrat wings were AMAZING! I apologize for the shameless selfie below too…
Friday was a whirlwind day. I really wanted to get a picture of my outfit cause it was super cute but alas, I forgot! Ah well, it will be another outfit for another day! We started off with cake tasting at Dulce Desserts and I am so freaking excited about our dessert bar, I can’t stand it! Dulce makes some unbelievable cake flavors and their buttercream icing is to die for! Can’t wait to see all of that set up the way we envisioned it! After indulging on lots of cake, we walked around the Nashville Farmer’s Market then headed off to Franklin, TN and ate a quick bite at Merridee’s Breadbasket which was fantastic. They have some great desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth! Franklin is such a cute little town with a bustling downtown area and lots of awesome shops. However, we had to run off to our hair trial at Wedding 101,which is a neat studio where a bride can get everything she needs in one place for her wedding! I love my hair/makeup lady for the wedding so much. She did a fabulous job and I know she will make me look beautiful for our wedding day! After exploring Franklin for a bit, we headed back to Nashville and ate at Puckett’s for dinner. Oh my is this place delicious. Just home cookin’ type food. We tried the BBQ and the Fried Chicken. I’m not a big fan of Fried Chicken but this was DELICIOUS. Sufficiently stuffed, we headed back to our hotel to do some logistical planning for the wedding.
Saturday was mainly spent at the venue trying our rehearsal dinner food (YUM!) and touring the site for details we needed planned out. I am so excited about getting married about this BEAUTIFUL spot. Hachland Hill Vineyards is our dream location and I know it will be perfect! Below are a couple of pictures of the barn where our reception will be held. Isn’t it beautiful!? That night was spent with Handsome’s mom, Lia, at her house just having some needed girl time. We are so fortunate that our mothers get along and I know it will be a great friendship from here on out!
All in all, a great weekend. I am so excited about our wedding and can’t believe it’s only 6 months away. It can’t come soon enough!
Hope you all have a great week!!